A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Six

I have been tagged by the lovely and warm-hearted Julie to talk about six weird things about me.

1.  I fold my underwear after it's laundered.  I do not fold OmegaDad's.

2.  Like the gentle Kaliroz (also tagged), I cannot sleep in a bed with bunched up sheets and blankets.  So, every night, before I get into bed...I make the bed.  That's because I am too lazy and have too little time in the mornings to make it...and don't think about it.  But when it comes time to lie down in bed, it just drives me utterly bonkers to have the sheets and blankets and quilts all scrunched up.  I want it smooth and sleek, with the bloody sheets tucked in at the bottom (can you tell this is An Issue at the Omega House?).

3.  When I was about 13, I took to sucking the inside of my elbow.  I discovered that if I did it long enough, it got really kewl looking, with lots of little bitty pinpoint red spots.  Much, much later, I learned that I was giving myself hickies.

4.  For many years, I had to read the last page of any book before I bought it.

5.  I can't eat shellfish.  I am not allergic, I just cannot stand the texture and the sound they make when you're eating them.  Squeak...squeak...squeak.  Bleah.

6.  For a few years when I was a child, I thought I had a twin sister who lived up in the attic.  My parents would go up there to visit her at night time.  (It was much better than the period of time that I thought there were ghosts in the attic, especially because the trapdoor to the attic was right above my bed.)

Now, since it's National Delurking Week, anyone who reads this is invited to post one weird thing about themselves as a comment.  And/or consider themselves tagged.

Technorati:

posted by Kate @ 1/10/2007 07:29:00 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 1/10/2007 07:41:00 PM, Blogger "Ada" said…

    Hooray! I'm the first to delurk! Amanda in NC here, and the weirdest thing about me is that I cannot stand sidewalk chalk. I hate the feel of the dust on my hands, I hate the texture of the chalk, and I hate the way the chalk feels and sounds when it bumps across the driveway. YUCK!!! Sensory issues much?! LOL

     
  • At 1/10/2007 08:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    weird thing about me...so many ot choose from...as a child i always thought there would be a 'secret' that only adults knew and that at some age you would learn it. it was a really BIG secret too. like your life was really just someones dream or something like that.

     
  • At 1/10/2007 09:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Only one? Maybe I should consider myself tagged instead of commenting... lol.

    Okay, one. My computer applications must be opened in a certain order. E-mail first, then the main program used for work, then spreadsheets and so on.

     
  • At 1/10/2007 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    I can't stand seafood either, but I just don't like the way it tastes!

    And I've already done this meme. It was just too weird to relive!

     
  • At 1/10/2007 11:19:00 PM, Blogger josetteplank.com said…

    #3 - lol!

    #6!!!!!!

    I'm going to have a creepy dream about that!

    One weird thing about me? I have a fear of empty swimming pools.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 09:03:00 AM, Blogger Space Mom said…

    Only one weird thing... hmmm...
    I am always afraid when I go on a trip that I will find the house burnt to the ground

     
  • At 1/11/2007 09:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm, just one? Ok. I love canned soup, but I pick all the chicken bits out of Campbell's chicken noodle soup before I even cook it. Because I'm a vegetarian. But for some reason, chicken broth is ok. Just not actual pieces of chicken.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 09:06:00 AM, Blogger Lizard said…

    i am just the opposite of you: I can't bear tucked in sheets. I need them all bunched up and wadded so I can get my feet OUT. We will never share a bed, dearie.

    but that's not the weird thing. There are so many, but what comes to mind this morning is that I can bend my 3 middle fingers on each hand at each joint, independently. This means I can just bend the tips of my fingers, which freaks people out. Especially my mother.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 10:33:00 AM, Blogger atypical said…

    delurkification shall now commence.

    I've been popping by relatively regularly for some time (found you through jouette).

    I consider myself tagged.

    -t

    P.S. 1-6, they all made me smile.

     
  • At 1/11/2007 01:51:00 PM, Blogger Julie Pippert said…

    Oh AMEN about the sheets. Also a little issue in this household since the husband is very keen on absolute freedom wtih no tucking in.

    You read the end, the last page? Oh oh!

    Okay Ms Omega...these are very interesting indeed.

    I am loving this. :)

     
  • At 1/12/2007 07:02:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi, I am Fran. My weirdness according to my husband is that I actually enjoy looking for "things" on his skin to scratch off. I have to say that is true as shameful as that is. Another weirdness is that I only like using pens that "feel" nice to write with.

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf