A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Boiled eyeballs

Once upon a time, I thought rather seriously about getting a degree in international relations.  Then, I figured, I could get hired by the CIA or the State Department, and have a grand old time traveling the world, seeing vibrant other cultures, and being on the outskirts of the movers and shakers.  A glamorous life called!

But there was this thing I had heard about the Middle East.

That they considered boiled sheep's eyeballs a delicacy.  And that if you were invited to partake of them, it was considered a huge compliment, and you must ingest said boiled sheep's eyeballs.

Ahem.

Ewww.

My grand plan for choosing a career path at the time depended upon me passing pre-Calculus without flailing about.  Three choices:  graphic design, international relations, computers.  Flunking pre-Calculus would rule out computers; then I'd move on to the other branch of the choice tree.

I passed pre-Calc, then moved on to Calc, and it was decided:  the degree would be in computer science.

Bye, bye, boiled sheep's eyeballs.

I have boiled eyeballs right now. 

I am on Zithromax and albuterol.  The doc at Small Mountain University Health Center muttered about walking pneumonia, decided I don't have it, though I have a horrid cough and low ability to do the puffer-that-measures-your-breathing-ability thing.  She decided that the ZPak wouldn't hurt and probably would help.

I actually went in to work today...then, after about two hours of foggily staring at my computer monitors, and barely being able to complete some pretty mindless tasks, I decided "Screw it", got the appointment (as requested by both OmegaDad and OmegaGranny), and then came home.  Now I'm staring foggily at the computer monitor at home.

Bed calls me.

(OmegaDotter has said goodbye to the fever, thankfully, and is left only with the cough.)

Technorati:

posted by Kate @ 1/04/2007 02:04:00 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 1/04/2007 02:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you feel better soon..and when you do..check out my site, there is something there for you. (the winners post)

     
  • At 1/04/2007 06:09:00 PM, Blogger Space Mom said…

    Pagent- EWWWW

    OM- I hope you feel better soon. I have heard nothing but illness from friend the past few days.. Please rest...

     
  • At 1/04/2007 08:08:00 PM, Blogger MomEtc. said…

    Hope you are feeling better soon!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 09:41:00 PM, Blogger Granny J said…

    Take care of yourself, kiddo!

     
  • At 1/06/2007 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Thanks everyone! I am feeling much better--the wonders of antibiotics, yay!

    PAGent--the texture of a superball...ewww...that's exactly what I keep picturing--chewing something that's more rubbery than poorly cooked squid, and squeaks as you chew. Ewww.

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf