A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
A difficult conversation

We are in the car shortly after leaving preschool.

I am making a turn.

OmegaDotter asks me, in a slow, considering tone:

"Mommy?"

"Hmmm?"

"Sometimes two men can...or two women can..."

I brace myself.  I've heard from friends that kiddos can ask the most difficult things while you're driving the car.  I start the mental litany, "Why, yes, did you know that so-and-so has two moms...?"  And "Some men fall in love with men, some women fall in love with women..."  There's a long pause as the dotter collects her thoughts.

"...sometimes two men or two women can ride on a motorcycle together."

Technorati:

posted by Kate @ 11/10/2006 07:30:00 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11/10/2006 04:53:00 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Hahaha! Brace yourself, she'll be asking for a motorcycle soon!

     
  • At 11/10/2006 08:43:00 PM, Blogger Scribbit said…

    yea, you never know what could come out--especially with company at the dinner table.

     
  • At 11/10/2006 09:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! Well, you were ready, anyway.

    (Found this site via the randomizer.)

     
  • At 11/11/2006 04:51:00 AM, Blogger Snoskred said…

    I'm just trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) It's good to be prepared for when that conversation does eventually come to you as a surprise I guess.. :)

     
  • At 11/11/2006 08:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whew. That was a close one. I've had all those difficult conversations with my older two, "Yes, two men can love each other and it's okay. No, you may not have a motorcycle until you're grown and married and they call someone else to identify the greasespot on the road that used to be you"

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf