A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Revisiting some topics

Kimberly, at I Gallop On, talks about beauty.  Speaking of "beauty", she always writes beautifully, and is worth a look-see.  And she makes hilarious videos.


ChicagoMama takes a different look at the Madonna adoption, and a fascinating and deep discussion ensues.  Apparently, the Madonna/Guy family did have a homestudy--or at least it was rumored for at least a year in the celebrity gossip media.  However, I stand by my irritation and skepticism about the whole affair.  Malawi has no established international adoption program.  They had the homestudy done in the U.S., but took the child to the U.K.  I have discussed ethical issues in international adoption before; I feel that this particular adoption was very influenced by money and notoriety.  At the very least, it's a PR disaster from a woman who has proven to be very adept at PR in the past.


The "cloak of invisibility" that I discussed back when has had a proof of concept prototype done


The BSOD problem appears to have been a conflict between two different types of memory chips.  We removed (sob!) 1 MB of RAM, and suddenly all my problems have disappeared. 

Technorati: , ,

posted by Kate @ 10/19/2006 07:14:00 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10/20/2006 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Space Mom said…

    I enjoyed the cloaking article. Cool!

     
  • At 10/20/2006 03:48:00 PM, Blogger the mystic said…

    I'm not sure what to make of the Madonna thing. I have all the same concerns as everyone else, but at the same time she is SO closely watched that maybe everything was just really kept private and wasn't necessarily done unethically. I'm just not sure.

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf