A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Fiddly stuff
So I spent the past hour doing this:

The back was easy-peasy. The sharp turns, though. Argh! Like where the horse's tail hits the horse's body? And the tip of the tail? And, coming soon, the bottom of where the horse's tail hits the horse's body? Argh! I had to take a break to let my eyeballs and wrist rest. Any appliquers out there? With advice? Like where to find a pair of small scissors with very sharp blades? And how to handle those fiddly little corners? I am bound and determined to beat this thing. I have DREAMS, I tell you, DREAMS! Visions of a duvet cover to match the horsie mural are dancing through my head... Slap me, someone!
posted by Kate @ 4/01/2006 02:12:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4/01/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger ©Jac said…

    I don't applique, but when you asked about small sharp scissors my first thought was Infant fingernail scissors!

     
  • At 4/01/2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    I used to spend a huge amount of time decorating and making things for the girls. Now I take so many shortcuts, its embarassiing! But I have learned how very fast they outgrow their stuff, and how fast I can wear a quilt out by washing. With bleach.

    I would forget turning down the seams if I were you; I;d just cut out the shapes and bind them around the edges with a dense zig zag machine stitch.

     
  • At 4/02/2006 07:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about using fusible web like Wonder-under? (I am the queen of no sew short cuts around here.)

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf