A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Book meme

Singing Bird has tagged me for the "Book Meme": 

1) Find the nearest book
2) Open to page 123
3) Type lines 6-8 of said book
4) Tag three others

Hers was so topical and beautiful, and mine is rather mundane!  I have to admit that the nearest book was really the Atlas & Gazeteer for Arizona, which doesn't have 123 pages, and wouldn't have "lines 6-8".  So I grabbed the next nearest book, Marion Zimmer Bradley's Exile's Song.

"...the eyes.  All she saw was a rather good-looking man somewhere between forty and fifty, with light-colored hair and deep lines along his mouth, as if he had suffered..."

(While getting the link for the book, I found this movie, Song of the Exile, which sounds rather interesting.)

Oops!  Forgot to tag three others!

I think I'll toss in a gratuitous pic:

The dotter dancing around in one of my eBay scores for the Christmas dress-up box, with dangly earrings courtesy of Great-Grandma.  (The odd white spots are reflections from the sequins.)  Feather boas are now on my shit list, because they shed.  And shed.  And shed.  The only good thing that has come out of the shedding is a rather marvelous "parrot" which the dotter created all on her own.

Technorati: ,

posted by Kate @ 1/21/2007 02:03:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1/22/2007 10:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the idea of shedding boas (I know, I know, I'm not there having to pick up after them). Still...

    Thanks for playing!

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf