A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Stuff

A quick question--I've noticed on my sitemeter that some folks are trying to leave comments, but when I go check on my comments, nothing new has shown up.  If you're having problems leaving comments, could you let me know by emailing me at omegamom_01 at yahoo dot com?  Blogger has been having problems lately (like, say, migrating my blog over to the new version, which still isn't happening), and I'm getting grumpy about it.  Dawn, over at This Woman's Work, passed me a coupon for her hosting site, and I'm thinking of splurging on a new site...

Maybe it'll help with my blogger's block.  I've come across a few things I want to write about, but then I sit down at the computer and look at the blank screen, and nothing comes out.

While I don't respond that often to comments--in fact, I'm horribly bad about it--I really do appreciate them.  For instance, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy when I got all the commentary on my "four years" post.  I'm just so glad we've discovered this way to capture that smile on the dotter's face, because that's what we see so often, but it's so hard to catch.  She is so beautiful to us, and I like to share it.

Aside from that, like I said, blogger's block.  Bah.

Some snippets:

A short stroll in a Chinese National Park.  Don't click if you've got a problem with heights.

A not-so-safe-for-work chocolate Santa.

Did you catch the Geminids meteor shower?  How was it in your area?  So far, my peeks haven't produced a single meteor.  Bah.

I'm joining the folks who aren't feeling the holiday spirit.  You'd think, with an almost-five-year-old in the house, I'd be chock-a-block full of Christmas cheer.  Nope.  Dunno why, but it's just not happening.

posted by Kate @ 12/13/2006 10:24:00 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12/13/2006 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Granny J said…

    Worry even more once you've moved to beta blogger. I tried to leave a comment at a blog that had recently moved -- and couldn't, on account I didn't remember my dang Google password (if I have one???)

     
  • At 12/14/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Julie Pippert said…

    I had (have?) that comment problem too...since moving over to Beta. I had to disable the weird code confirmation thingie. I think people can leave comments now, but have also heard of trouble through emails.

     
  • At 12/14/2006 01:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am VERY late in commenting re. your 4th anniversary of Metcha Day.
    Isn't it amazing how quickly the time has gone by compared to how long the wait felt?

    Congratulations on 4 years as a family!

    I loved seeing both pictures of Omegadottir. I know you once said you thought she seemed somewhat shellshocked in the Metcha Day photo but I still see an intense look in her eyes that our dd had too. I've tried to explain this awareness to friends who gave birth to their children but only the families from our travel group know what I am talking about.

    Good luck getting ready for Christmas. I am insane enough to be in the midst of painting our living room and stairs/hallway before the big day-which has involved hours of repairing cracks in our 75 year old walls.

     
  • At 12/15/2006 02:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, I'm leaving a comment to say hello and thanks for commenting on my blog a couple times recently.

    I enjoy your mom's blog too, as she is in "my town," as you know, down the hill...

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf