A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Happy birthday, blog!
A year ago, like a lemming jumping off a cliff, OmegaMom followed a group of internet buds into the blogosphere. My first real post was I'm so glad I'm past this point, a response to a particular blogger's dilemma. A year has come and gone, and that blogger is past that point, too--she has her referral and is blissfully contemplating motherhood. OmegaMom started with a small coterie of readers, and has expanded to (whoooeee!) an average of 70 hits per day, with a hardcore 30 or so who stop by every day. Har. I know it's small stuff to a lot of bloggers out there, but it is somewhat gratifying to have an itty-bitty fan club. I've "met" a lot of folks in cruising the blogosphere--either just by hitting the "next blog" link (which is...um...hidden away on my blog) or by following links on other people's blogs. I comment there, and leave my blog address; some of them have come around & liked what they see. Which is, essentially, the way you build an audience: say what you like on your blog, chit-chat with other bloggers, every once in a while write about an article in Newsweek or the NYTimes (complete with link) so that you get a fresh infusion of total newcomers. I'm still enjoying blogging; I love the comments; so let's see what the year to come brings to the Omega Family and blog, why don't we?
posted by Kate @ 8/06/2006 10:21:00 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 8/07/2006 03:13:00 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Wow, has it been that long? Happy Blogiversary! I remember reading your first post.... she waited a LONG time, didn't she? My one-year mark is a couple weeks away. Of the group that started blogging at the same time, there are eight or nine of us still going, which is more than I would have predicted. I'm glad you stuck with it, I always enjoy reading here.

     
  • At 8/07/2006 03:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy 1st! I like the new look as it helps my tired, old eyes.

     
  • At 8/07/2006 06:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 8/07/2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger the mystic said…

    Happy blogaversary! My blog was a year old last month... and the funny thing is, I can only barely imagine life without blogging!

     
  • At 8/08/2006 05:55:00 PM, Blogger ©Jac said…

    Happy Blogaversary!

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf