A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Celebrating independence
Well, the big switchover is done. After much to-ing and fro-ing yesterday, the end result is a difference of $2.31 between the old inventory valuation and the new inventory valuation. Hallelujah! (For those who go, "Uh?! But they're not the same?!", I have two words for you: "Rounding error." This is why bank programmers can get away with embezzling big bucks--or used to. They would just stuff the rounding difference in many hundreds of thousands of transactions--millions!--and end up with a tidy sum stashed away in another account. In this case, the inventory manager is happy, I'm happy, the comptroller is happy. Ahhhh.) So, in a timely confluence of events, I am celebrating my independence from durance vile on our nation's birthday. We plan to try for fireworks tonight. The dotter, who has been kept up two nights in a row by COUSINS!!!! may actually be able to stay up for the fireworks. We shall see. Some people have a different view of Liberty and Independence than I do (via Pharyngula):
Remind you of anything? Let's make sure this doesn't really happen here; I hate veils of that type, and, besides, they give me pimples 'cause I sweat like a pig underneath all that drapery.
posted by Kate @ 7/04/2006 10:54:00 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7/04/2006 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Granny J said…

    So now that "rounding error" goes into one of those little bank "profit centers", like bounced check charges. The larcenous part of my soul would rather see that money going to the clever programmers!
    But -- cut to the chase -- congrats on the project sign-off.

     
  • At 7/04/2006 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    $2.31 sounds awesomely good to me. I can't get that close when I balance my checkbook!

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf