A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
In which our heroine writhes with envy
"Envy shoots at others and wounds itself" - Old English proverb. So this week is the first round of adoption referrals from China since the Omegas got the Bad Word. People are posting referrals on blogs, on Rumor Queen, and elsewhere. Those of you who have gone through the infertility wringer know how I'm feeling--it's just like that feeling you would get when Yet Another Person announced a pregnancy. It's a whole new facet of the "It's not FAIR!!" world. Oh, don't get me wrong--I'm happy, thrilled for those who have received their referrals. But whereas, pre-OmegaDotter, referrals were exciting harbingers of things to come for us, and post-OmegaDotter, referrals were a misty-eyed, sentimental reminder of what it was like (plus a harbinger of things to come)...now...now it's provoking a lot of miserable and whiny "why me?" emotions. I feel like a sour old maid with pursed up lemon-lips. Wah, wah, wah.
posted by Kate @ 6/26/2006 03:12:00 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6/26/2006 07:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know it is not the same as what you are going through but for the past year I have been checking a particular agency's WC list and have fallen for a few of the children-but at this time I cannot convince dh to go for #2. I feel like he has slammed the door on the idea of a sibling for dd and it hurts every time I read another family announcing they are adopting one of the waiting children I have fallen for even though I am happy for the children that they will now have families.
    Two years ago I had a shocking second pg and second misc. But it has only been the past 6 months I have really felt that someone is missing in our family-#2.

    I refuse to give up hope completely.
    Don't you give up hope OmegaMom. #2is out there for you. Try to believe it.

    ps I was on your blog earlier today with dd on my lap and when she saw OmegaDottir-she said "She looks like me!" And she really does-a fellow Guangxi girl and 4years old as well!

     
  • At 6/27/2006 04:54:00 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    You may be sour and whiny, but you hide it well.

     
  • At 6/27/2006 09:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sending you lots of hugs. and chocolate if that would help. let me know. ;)

     
  • At 6/29/2006 07:09:00 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Theresa--We were looking at a particular waiting child, which is why we got the news. Best of luck! (Guangxi girls are awfully cute!)

    Miss C.--I am more weepy than sour. That was a kind of bad day.

    Chicagomama--Chocolate always helps. Dark chocolate is preferred. Send lots of it FedEx, the week is horrid.

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf