A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
More miscellany
I hate fire season, Part III: Another weekend day, another fire, down by Extremely Trendy Southwest Tourist Town. This one is already 3000 acres, according to the Forest Service. Very close to that town, but just to the north, and the wind is blowing it north-northeast...right over the ridges and into Way Cool Creek Canyon. Way Cool Creek Canyon Road is closed, and 500 homes have been evacuated. As the area is an official wilderness area, it has not been thinned. I was at work, and saw the plume around 1:30 (it started at 1:00-ish), did my triangulation, and said to myself, okay, that's down in the direction of Hippy Dippy Forest Enclave, but it looks further away. Hopefully, they'll squash it before it gets established in the canyon. The firefolk are being very pro-active and jumping hard on fires near towns (like they did with our coulda-been-much-worse fire this week).
While I was slaving away at work (pity me! pity me!), OmegaDad took the dotter to... Trumpet fanfare! The rodeo! Yes, the dotter got to see big-haired rodeo queens, lots of people with big hats and western boots, and horses bucking riders off. She also got to sit on a bull:
Do NOT ask me about her being barefoot on that bull. I didn't notice it until just now. She brought home an inflatable pink unicorn, and was generally extremely excited.
The kitten is a doll. He's very very lovey. He talks a lot, too; but, then, I'm the kind of person who talks back to kittens a lot and encourages it. The first pic has my hand to give context on his size; the second one is blurry, and he looks mean only because he was actually just waking up.
Currently his name is "Wooly Booly". Um. Look, it has to do with the '60s CD compilation we've been playing. It's better than "Henry", which was dotter's first plan. I like A@Jac's "Alpha" idea, but Wooly Booly seems to be sticking for now.
Edited to add: Omigosh, how could I forget?! OmegaDotter has her first loose tooth!
posted by Kate @ 6/18/2006 08:39:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6/18/2006 09:31:00 PM, Blogger MomEtc. said…

    Omega Dotter is so cute on that bull! I think "Henry" is adorable....it's a name only a kid could come up with. The kitty looks so much like my Jasper.

     
  • At 6/19/2006 06:44:00 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    That must be one calm and gentle bull. Prozac, ya reckon?

     
  • At 6/19/2006 07:01:00 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Miss C., I reckon it's just old and broken down; kind of like those poor ponies that they use at carnivals? He does seem to have a rather resigned look on his face...

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf