A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Tag!
Momma Star has tagged me. I'll do anything to not have to think up a blog topic and to stop thinking about how to do a return on a one-time-purchase in our facilities management system... One body part you'd like to change? Toes. Gotta be toes. I can't stand my toes. They're stubby and pudgy and funky looking. Describe your ideal Saturday. I get to sleep in late. When I wake up, everyone's gone. I get to wash clothes in peace. I get to vacuum house in peace. I get to read if I want. I get to potter on the computer if I want. I can take a long, hot bath without anyone banging on the door asking me questions. Maybe watch a movie on DVD that I haven't seen yet. What have you got for leftovers in your fridge? Don't look! Don't open the door! Stop! It'll escape! No! Stop! AGGGHHHHH!!!!!! You get to travel back in time for one day. Is this in my personal life or in the history of humanity? Personal life: Go back and purchase that condominium I was looking at in my mid-20s. Humanity? Hmm. I think I'd like to go back and spend a day with Queen Elizabeth I, see what she was really like. Or Eleanor of Aquitaine. Or Boadicea. If you had one hour with the President, what would you say to him? Grrrr. And then, "Can you please order the USCIS to extend the approval period for I171Hs to two years?" And then, GRRRR. One body part you'd never change? My nose. It's cute. I have actually had strangers compliment me on my nose. Yes, that is correct: total strangers have stopped me and told me "Y'know? You have a cute nose!" Oh, it's only happened twice, but still--I ask you: Would you ever consider stopping someone on the street and telling them how cute a particular body part is? I wouldn't. Your most favorite thing about motherhood? Watching a small child develop into a Little Person, complete with Little Person quirks and likes and dislikes. It is wicked cool. Ultra-violet rays or tan-in-a-bottle? Non-PC here: UV rays all the way. Why? Because it means I'm outdoors. It means I'm doing something--like hiking in the woods, or swimming at the pool, or at a picnic, or taking in the fair. You have an unlimited expense account; what three things do you purchase first? A large (40-acre-plus) wooded lot hereabouts. A custom-designed log home to put on it. A week at a very expensive spa for me starting some time in mid-July. Your least favorite thing about motherhood? The way my dotter seems to have uncanny psychic powers that pinpoint every single button of mine she can push. It's 10:00 p.m., do you know where your children are? Hopefully in bed. If the dotter is not in bed and asleep by 10 p.m., we're going to have a long night of it. As for who to tag. Who to choose, who to choose? Howzabout Kate, at All Hail Suburbia; Mrs. Figby at Letters From the Zoo; and, now that she has a blog, OmegaGranny.
posted by Kate @ 6/08/2006 12:32:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6/08/2006 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey -- aren't you supposed to send me some sort of notification, if I'm going to play tag? Or are you counting on familial bonds to make sure I read your post and act accordingly. Huh? Huh?

     
  • At 6/09/2006 05:56:00 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    You are a very lucky woman, if the toes are the thing you would want to change.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 09:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hokay -- I did it, more or less. There's a problem: I don't really have anybody to tag in revenge! I'm writing about my town & there isn't a blogging community there, believe me -- I've tried most of the search engines.

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf