A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
New fodder
A few new blogs have found their way onto OmegaMom's own private blogroll. (No, they haven't shown up here yet, 'cause I'm a lazy blogger. Shame, shame!) They just leaped on, without a By Yer Leave, because they were interesting to me. Pushy blogs. Y'see, Bloglines has this nifty thing, a "Subscribe to this blog via Bloglines" bookmark, which makes it easy to snag a new blog. And then all I have to do is cruise to my Bloglines feed, and any time someone has updated their blog, Bloglines flags it, and either gives me a partial feed (the subject line and a paragraph) or a full feed (the whole damned kit and caboodle). This makes it dangerously simple for a lazy blogreader like myself to get sucked up into Yet Another Blog. I have far too many blogs on my blogroll. Luckily, a lot of them are sporadic posters, so I don't get bogged down by blogs. Too much. Some choice ones: I Gallop On. OmegaGranny passed this one on to me. I am sunk, snagged, caught. Kimberly is into horses, y'see, which feeds my research and investigation of the horsie scene for the Dotter. She is also located in (ahhhhh!) Northern New Mexico, so it feeds my longing for UNNM (Ultimately Northern New Mexico, pronounced "Unnum"). She posts very fun homemade videos of life on a small ranch, set to country tunes. (I need to introduce the Dotter to some of those videos; she'll love them!) Then there are two blogs by Dr. G., Adoptive Parenting and Put It On Your Therapy List. Dr. G. is a clinical psychologist who therapizes "at-risk" children. It may not be your cup of tea, but she's pretty down-to-earth, and if you're an adoptive parent, her Adoptive Parenting blog is interesting. Homesick Home is written by an American woman married to a Japanese man; she lived in Japan with him for many years, raising their kids, and now they've moved to the States. She writes about the perils of switching kids from one country to another, and how to deal with bilingualism, and parenting differences, and more. Last, but not least, is Mommy With an Attitude, who I discovered by doing a Google blogsearch on "chicken dance", hoping to find a picture of That Creature. Enjoy. Pa-Pa Richard and Grandma Sharon are in town, so we're doing family stuff and being tourons this weekend. Then it's back to the world of financial interfaces and ramping up for the Big New Fiscal Year Transition (two large system switches for our department, oh goodie). I hope my stomach survives the next few weeks...
posted by Kate @ 6/08/2006 09:09:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6/11/2006 12:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for your nice comments about my blog! I'm afraid I'm turning into a monster with a video camera. But it is so much fun. So you have a horsey daughter too, I take it???

     
  • At 6/11/2006 02:02:00 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    IGA--I enjoy your videos! The geese were very funny. My dotter is only 4.5, so it's still early days yet, but she has been obsessed by horses for two years now and it doesn't show any sign of letting up yet...we have the plastic and stuffed horse collection to show for it. And your commentary on northern NM is...well, quite nostalgic for me; my husband and I met there and we have a great longing to go back there to live some day.

     
  • At 6/11/2006 02:02:00 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Oops. That should be "IGO"!

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf