A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
Birthday angst
I haven't been posting because I am wrapped up in: 1. Figuring out if any of the (few) kids invited to the dotter's first birthday party will show up. (One has called to say they're coming.) 2. Worrying that the dotter will be in A Mood, won't share, will be grabby and me-me-me, and the other kids won't have fun and the other mothers will think I'm raising her to be a barbarian. 3. Worrying about the horsie cake. 4. Worrying about having STRANGERS!!! In the HOUSE!!! People who probably have clean houses. People who will walk in the door and immediately notice all the spots on the (oh-what-a-bad-idea) cream-colored carpet and the dawg and cat hair all over the place and the greasespots on the kitchen cabinets and and and...and chalk me up as one of those women--the lousy housekeepers. And, by extension, lousy wives, mothers, and members of society. 5. Worrying that the Dawg will go insane with all those kids, bite someone, and it will be a horrible scene. Ahem. This party is keying into every single one of my angsts about hosting things, the state of the house (I don't want to talk about it), my social skills, my husband's social skills, my dotter's social skills. I don't host things. We host family and long long term friends. We've never had a party. Never. Picture me quaking in my boots. I promise I'll post about Molly Ivins; Momtinis, the Today Show, and the Mommy Wars; the wedding hair wigout video; and other important (and not-so-important) things after this entire ordeal is over with. ::whimper::
posted by Kate @ 2/01/2007 08:39:00 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2/01/2007 11:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure I don't even have to say that I know EXACTLY how you feel. It'll be ok, though. It really will. You can survive anything for a couple of hours, and as long as the Dotter has a good time, nothing else matters.

     
  • At 2/01/2007 05:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I sooo get the social angst thing. We are fairly hermitted. But, like M.Figby said, if the dotter is having a happy time, it's all good.

     
  • At 2/01/2007 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    It will be ok. Personally, when I walk into a house with visible dog and cat hair, I immediately feel more at ease, as if I've found a kindred spirit in the world. You'll all survive, I'm sure of it!

     
  • At 2/03/2007 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    Whoa Nelly... without your links at the bottom, I would have never known about the Momtini controversy. I've had a little run-in with how clueless TV news can be lately.

    The party will be great, and you'll see that when its all over.

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf