A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
OmegaMom has a "fine sense of pitch"
Which means that taking this test, to determine if you are tone deaf, was extremely painful. I was gritting my teeth at each sour note. Unfortunately for me, hitting the "NO!" button did not stop the "music". OmegaMom's score: 24 out of 26 tunes correctly identified as "played correctly" versus "played incorrectly". Ouch, ouch, ouch. It's like biting into a luscious, juicy, ripe pear, only to suddenly hit a nail. Please note that the test is, like many USA tests, highly keyed into Western sensibilities and makes a lot of assumptions about what constitutes "familiar tunes". (We have had a run on luscious, juicy, ripe pears at the local Safeway recently. Oh. My. God. I have died and gone to heaven. Not a single nail or worm amongst them.)
posted by Kate @ 3/14/2006 10:46:00 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3/15/2006 07:06:00 AM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    I got 100%, which means I am perfectly capable of listening to music. I still can't sing worth a damn!

     
  • At 3/16/2006 09:52:00 PM, Blogger PinkDevora said…

    I got 25 out of 26. I already knew I had the freaky hearing. I hear things other people can't hear. But I think I missed the one because I could *not* figure out what one of the songs was. Did not sound familiar at all!

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf