A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
"Would you like some cheese (smell), Gromit?"
So the Little Green Car is back home from the body shop, sparkly and shiny and fixed. The grand total for the fender bender: $2,500 and some change. It could have been worse; say, if the axle had been hit. But. Even though the body shop did a spanking job, and even detailed (sorta) the interior, one thing remains. The Smell. Y'see, OmegaDotter likes these. Oh, they are so cute. They're packaged just right for little kiddos to love, with these cute little red wax wrappers underneath the red crinkly "cellophane". So she occasionally gets them (correction: GOT them) in the car. And she unwraps them in the car. And she eats them in the car. Partially. Somewhere in the Little Green Car, there is either a wax Baby Bell wrapper or a half a Baby Bell itself. When I picked up the car from the body shop, all the windows were closed. It had been sitting in the sun. I opened up the door... ...and staggered back, assaulted by The Smell. We've been avoiding this particular problem by having the windows cracked open almost all the time; the dry winter has been quite helpful in this respect. A good airing, the breeze blowing through the car when we're on the highway, no windows closed all the way--The Smell stays at a tolerable, almost subconscious level. But I think it's time for a pricey detailing session. Even Wallace wouldn't be happy with The Smell.
posted by Kate @ 4/24/2006 06:19:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4/24/2006 08:55:00 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    ROFL!

    Oh, how I used to love those as a child! I would beg my mom to buy them! Beg her!

    And once in a while, she actually would!

    And oh, how my little world would be spinning in the right direction when she did!

    Good luck with that odor! If its any consolation, I haven't cleaned my house in weeks and there is a mystery oror lurking about every now and then. At least you have an idea what the culprit is!

    Amanda

     
  • At 4/24/2006 11:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Had to smile at the Wallace and Grommit reference. Before we adopted dd my dh bought the W&G DVD-the original with the 3 shorts-for me when we first got our DVD player. I also wake up to the theme music every AM with my groovy W&G alarm clock that I asked dh to get me one Christmas. Since dd came home she loves Wallace and Grommit and still refers to "A Grand Day Out" simply as "Cheese" (used to say "Gheez" as in "I want to watch Cheese Mommy!" We LOVE Wallace and Grommit in our house:)

    Best wishes getting rid of The Smell!

     
  • At 4/25/2006 03:09:00 PM, Blogger KK said…

    OH NO! Not the CHEESE. I shouldn't laugh because karma will come and slap me in the form of a forgotten sippy cup of milk under a seat - but...ROFL!

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf