A "good enough" mom muses about alpha moms, adoption, computers, the State Of The World, Internet quirkiness, and the Kosmik All
So, where were you?
What were you doing? Twenty years ago today, the shuttle Challenger blew up after take-off. Talk about defining moments for a generation. The generation previous got the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Two generations before that was Pearl Harbor. The latest generation gets to ask each other, fifteen and a half years from now, "Where were you when The World Trade Center was attacked?" It's not a seemly day for ranting about the bureacratization of space exploration. But I will say that I am glad that the private space industry attempts are finally showing signs of growing.
posted by Kate @ 1/27/2006 10:30:00 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1/27/2006 07:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember watching that terrible footage over and over again on the TV in the dorm common room. Why did they keep having to repeat it?

    I am not sure for me that it was a defining moment for me. (I am not American, though).

    But I still remember getting drunk with my friend Paul the day Charles and Diana got married and listening to the Ramones over and over to drown out the pain.

     
  • At 1/28/2006 04:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was home, waiting to watch my soap operas and thought I'd catch the shuttle launch before.

    I remember my mom looking over my shoulder as we watched it and her whispered "Dear God" when it blew up. She then saw the mom's face and started to cry.

     
  • At 1/28/2006 07:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I honestly do not remember if I saw it happen live on TV, but I remember being at home with my dad, who was off that day for some odd reason, and crying over what happened. I only 7 years old.

    My daughter won't remember 9/11, she was only a year old at the time, but I will tell her if she asks how we found out what happened.

     
Post a Comment << Home
About Me
Name: OmegaMom
Home: Southwest
About Me: Middle-aged mom of a 4-year-old adopted from China. Love science, debate, good SF and fantasy, hiking, music of almost every style. Lousy housekeeper. "Good enough" mom.
See my complete profile
Subscribe!

Quote of the Day
Bloggy Stuff





- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)

BLOGGER

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory



Parents Blog Top Sites


NOTI Blogs
Join | List | Random
Powered by RingSurf